If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Birthday junk finds!

Today started off with having to call the cops. On my birthday non the less!! HAHA! Are you curious yet?
Well, we decided to go to Mc Donalds to grab breakfast (mostly because I wanted a Pumpkin Spice Latte Mocha Cappuchino fancy schmancy big girl coffee drink because I really don't like coffee but when it's filled with mostly cream then I'm good!) Soooooo, as we proceed to get back into the truck.....BAM! Reality hits us in the face with the fact that the keys are locked inside the truck. So Mr. OTM had to call the cops to get us back in business. I sat on the tailgate and sipped my uber fancy kind of coffee feeling very trendy and answering "yes" to everyone who asked" lock your keys in the truck?"  It didn't bother me one bit because it was , after all , my birthday and we were going junk hunting as soon as this little mess was taken care of.
Once we were on the road again, I realized that I wished I would have just downed this coffee thing because it was a nuisance trying to keep it from spilling onto my new hoodie (birthday present from hubs!) Anyway, I managed to only get one teeny tiny spot on the front of me. I consider that a success!!!
Once we got to the flea market I was ready to hunt for some bargains and I am soooo happy to say I FOUND SOME!!
Take a look at these! I was thrilled to find this old wood ice cream bucket , an adorable chippy white clock and some dried hydrangeas!

Take a quick guess what I paid for all of these treasures.
Go ahead , I'll wait......................

TIME'S UP!!!
The grand total for all of these pieces was $5.00!!!!
I couldn't believe it either!
Here's the breakdown:
Bucket: $2.00
clock:$2.00
Drieds: $1.00
An interesting morning + a fun afternoon with great junk finds= a perfect birthday!
Hope your day was great too!

 

7 comments:

time worn interiors said...

Hope you had a great birthday. Looks like you got to do one of your favorite things, shop for junk! wink!
tot

trash talk said...

You needed the police called on you after stealing that great stuff. What'd ya use...a hot glue gun or a rusty shovel for that hold up? LOL!
Pretty sure I know what your birthday wish was and nice to see it come true.
Happy birthday...just a little later. You know I love to make an entrance!
Deb
P.S. Girl if you knew how tempted I am to steal some of your crazy, brilliant Christmas ideas, you'd have me locked up with you. That's be okay though 'cause you and me?
We would rock the joint.

Curtains in My Tree said...

Happy Birthday and you did get some bargains

The police in my town won't unlock your car you have to call a lock smith and pay big bucks to get your car opened

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Okay only $2.00 for that charming ice cream bucket...I am soooooo jealous:) Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Terri at Finder's Keeper's said...

Can you disclose the name and location of said flea market? You lucky girl:)

Amy Kinser said...

Wow, girl, what great deals you got. Perfect birthday presents.

I love straight up black coffee but McD's pumpkin spice lattes are great. They are a fun treat for us.

Glad you had a good birthday, my friend.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Happy Birthday!!!