If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Chippy White Christmas

Happy Holidays Friends!




When this time of year rolls around I always look forward to decorating with all my chippy white favorites. As if they didn't look great all year long~ something happens at Christmas time that makes them just shine! I figured out what it is .........




PINE!




I know....AMAZING right???




I knew I had to share this revolutionary new decorating tip with the masses!!! LOL!




Seriously though....




simple Frasier sprigs tucked here and there are JUST the right touch




and let me add again........




SIMPLE.




And let me also add.....




in most cases...




Free!




And quick to do. You get beautiful results in seconds.




I did alot of tucking recently.....





Many of these pieces are ones that I have recently discovered.....



and are currently available.....




on my Etsy shop!







You may have some pieces like this sitting in the attic or garage.....






That are just waiting patiently to be jazzed up a bit with a simple sweet pine sprig!







You can go from a typical snooze fest pillow arrangement....




to adorable with just one sprig!







Fill an ole wash tub with a bunch.....






and stand back and realize that you did that in minutes!













Nothing is off limits when it comes to sprigs......




except perhaps anything that you don't want sap on....




which could be a good number of things but for the sake of decorating we sometimes improvise.....









with Fake sprigs like in this vintage mail bag!







With all that goes on this time of year~ decorating your home should be one of the fun and enjoyable things!




Don't stress ~ just think simple.







A tuck here and tuck there.....




is all it takes to bring a little bit of Christmas cheer to even the most humble pieces that you treasure!
Proudly Linking to Faded Charms White Wednesday.










22 comments:

time worn interiors said...

A little greenery always makes things look better! I call it fluff stuff!

Did you get my e-mail about the show in Nashville in Feb. They have a special section just for bloggers and I think you would fit in well! Please get back to me on this!

Thanks
tot

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Everything looks so chippy and Beautiful. The greens give it just the right touch.

Shabby Jen said...

I love it Beth!! You make everything look so charming and inviting. I also love a little greenery too. Merry Christmas!!

trash talk said...

I'm giggling to myself 'cause we generally buy a tree just for cutting up purposes. How throwed off am I?
What we do without sprigs and dried hydrangeas...what?
Deb
P.S. My crap in the barns looks nothing like your crap...I mean quality merchandise!

TheCrankyCrow said...

I'm loving each and every one of these displays Beth!! Green and chippy white have always been a favorite combo of mine as well - but you do it better than anyone I know! Stay Calm & Tuck On!! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Love how you decorate:) A little goes a long way, doesn't it?
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, So happy to meet you. I haven't "spruced" up the inside of our home yet with fresh greens, as I am waiting til closer to Christmas for when our company comes. Want it to be fresh. I did go looking for some pine roping today and was amazed that places like Lowe's and Home Depot had hardly anything left to sell. Love all your sweet touches with sprigs.....great inspiration. :) HWW

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh WOW, I love everything--I'm like a kid in a candy store on your blog--It's gorgeous!!!
I just saw your feature on White Wednesday and I am your newest follower...So nice to meet you!
XO
Cindy

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Chippy and white.....you just can't go wrong! The added greenery for the holidays is perfect. I loved hearing the birdies singing as I scrolled through your blog. I am visiting from Faded Charm and am your newest follower! I loved all of your beautiful photos.

~Shanon

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so beautiful! I love all of your chippy wonderfulness and your sense of style is absolutely perfect!

Heaven's Walk said...

What gorgeous treasures, Beth! And you're absolutely right about sprigs of pine. Plus it smells so good!!! lol!

xoxo laurie

rusty hinge said...

Just found your blog and etsy store. I love everything! I really love that white icecream bucket and did you sell that chippy metal catalog file? Oh I would love to buy that!
Maria
www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Hi Beth,
so nice to meet you.Coming over from WW and love your chippy white Christmas.
XO Marie

Old Time Cindy said...

Hi Beth,
Congrats on your feature over at Faded Charm! Love the chippy, of course. New follower! :)

Rebecca said...

Hello
Came over from Faded Charm... I totally agree, greens make all the difference in the world! I use boxwood a lot also... it dries beautifully.
Thanks for your great images, I enjoyed looking
Blessings
Rebecca

Barbara Jean said...

I love the sprigs of pine in my store. It does, as you said, just liven' things up a bit.

enjoying your posts

barbara jean

Back in Time Treasures said...

Beth, I know what you mean, my neighbor has a holly bush that she let me take some clippings from, I decorated my front door wreath with them and filled a old watering can on my porch! They look great, very festive, and the best part they were FREE! I love nature! Happy holidays. Susan

Thilda said...

WHAT is snow ball frame???! :D Wonderful things!

outjunking said...

Absolutely wonderful blog! Just so much eye candy.
Thanks,
Lisa

Robin said...

Hi Beth. Thanks for stopping by and commenting on our blog. Love the greenery. I'm using quite a bit of it myself this year.

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for the new like Beth! Your style is right up my alley! L*O*V*E!
Warm Hugs~Ginger