If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Friday, January 21, 2011

Warm Day MAKEOVERS!

I'll be the first to admit...this post is kind of lame....no BEFORE pics.....sorry.
I just dove in and got started with all this stuff and f*o*r*g*o*t.
We had a couple warmer days here: 61 on Wed and 55 yesterday so that meant that I could get outside and tackle a few of the projects lurking in the garage.
First up are these woven baskets. This was a simple one and took less that 5 min.
Picture an awful 1984 -ish teal...yes I said teal (sorry teal lovers) fabric liner in each one. Ick!
Took um outta there and simply added the burlap ribbon.
Finito!Next up is this old round table *love*!
Close your eyes and picture brown...ick again!
I got crazy with a light gray paint and the sander and an even crazier happy on how it turned out. I love the drawer.
This table is OLD! No nails were used, all pegs holding it together and the fab drawer is dovetailed . Nice and sturdy...and cute to boot!

Now I need to find some cute cafe style chairs or something to go with it.

Perhaps the potential new owner already has some nifty chairs and is looking for just the perfect table....here ya go!


This isn't a makeover at all...just a great old nail keg we found this past weekend that asked if it could please be in this post!



Next up: metal and wood basket. Close your eyes again and picture black metal with orange-ish wood...double yuck!

Now open your eyes and take a peek!
This just got a good old fashioned white wash with antique treatment.


Now for this fab cupboard: you did it for the table...picture brown....say it with me...Gross!
It's always amazes me how a coat of white paint adds instant personality!


I fell in love with this piece the moment I saw it~ crack and all. The description on the price tag read " old french farmhouse cabinet....SOLD! Who on earth painted it brown...in France none the less? I didn't think they even had brown paint over there! LOL! Go figure.
Whoever the lucky new owner of this piece is will enjoy the old bead board backing it has and...

the wonderful old rusty painted hardware.
I did a few other projects yesterday that will come in a future post! I felt great with all that I got accomplished! I love it when you can knock out a bunch of stuff that has been staring at you for months. Here's a wish to all of you to get the time to tackle some of your projects!
Enjoy your day friends!

This post is linked to the fabulous Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday over at Common Ground!
&
Saturday Night Special over at Funky Junk Interiors!






13 comments:

michelle said...

Great projects Beth, they all turned out perfect!!

Unknown said...

You did a fabulous job on everything you touched. Love it all.

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Beth ~
Those are awesome projects !!
Isn't it funny how we get a warm day
and go for it !! You got a ton
accomplished !

xoxo
Lori

{northern cottage} said...

they are all delicious! GREAT great transformations....ahhhh white chippy paint all day long!

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Wonderful..Simply wonderful..I love that table and your are right a couple of cafe chairs would finish it right off..Great work!!

Have a great Day!!

Blessings
Tonya

Debra@CommonGround said...

Beth you've been wooooorkin'! Wow, how I'd love a 55 degree day here! love all these great paint projects! you're getting me all stirred up...pun intended!
Thanks for linking up all your great goodies for VIF, now I have to go get busy!
XO,
Debra

Anonymous said...

Wow, fantastic projects! Love love love the little table. And the cabinet...so cute!

For projects like these, do you typically prime or just go for it with the paint?

Tammy said...

Great pieces!! You are a wonder woman with the white paint!! Love it!
Tammy :-)
JUNK WILD

Christie said...

Beth, I saw your pix under my 'follower' sign and immediately recognized it! First, thanks for stopping by Three Pixie Lane! I have bought several things from your booths at Sleepy Poets and at the Depot! Two of my favorite places! Love your things and always love when I can sneak away to Charlotte/Concord and go junkin'! I am sure I have some of your things in my posts...definitely in my house! Such a small world! I live in Rock Hill, SC! I am glad you have a blog!! Christie

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

We'll be stuck in the single digits here for a while! Love all your projects, especially the grey table!

Inspired by you said...

Your projects turned out great! Boy, I wish I could get in gear and get that productive!

Pamela Gordon said...

I just found your blog and love all your beautiful junk finds. Enjoy your 'warm' weather. :-)
Blessings, Pamela

Amy@HomeRemediesRX said...

Geez...you got more projects done in one day than I have in an entire year! Love everything, especially the cabinet, it looks great in white!