If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Good Old Fashioned Antique Fair

Hello Friends!


I recently had the opportunity to head out to a wonderful antique show in a little town named


Cameron here in North Carolina.


Since moving here 6 years ago I had always heard about it but never had the chance to get there until now.As soon as I rolled into the town I got that nostalgic feeling.


Actually I got extremely home sick.


It felt like the antique shows that I was used to back home.


I couldn't wait to get out of the truck.


There was stuff as far as the eye could see!
I thought this little sign was adorable!


I felt like the girl in the drawing!



The crowds were plentiful......



The junk was superb......
(should have bought this cabinet base)



piles of it everywhere.....

























there were old street signs....


(these were still in use...not for sale)





adorable old homes lined both sides of the street.....





old buildings sprinkled about....







I loved the doors on this one...











not to mention all the chippy old paint!!!














And the food! You KNOW the food was FABULOUS! Look....a whole turkey drumstick for only 6 bucks!




It was a beautiful day with lots of sunshine!


I'm so glad I finally made it there.


I did find a few treasures and would have bought ALOT more if I wasn't by myself.


You can be sure that Mr.OTM is going to be tagging along next time.


He just doesn't know it yet.



9 comments:

Fishtail Cottage said...

Beth - looks like a fabulous gathering! I have been looking for one of those flour sifters in working condition - the one you pictured is so pretty with the blue! Had a good time peeking around with you! xoox, tracie

TheCrankyCrow said...

What a fun place to be - and what wonderful treasures!! But those street signs just captivated me....wow. Really? Sounds and looks like my kind of place. Thanks for sharing your escape! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Di@Cottage-Wishes said...

That looks like fun. I live in Asheville and am always ready for a road trip if you need a shopping partner!! Di@cottage-wishes

Michelle Hughes said...

that produce basket is incredible! I love little antique fairs like that!
xo~ Michelle

Bittersweet and Ivy said...

I would love to follow you around... you find the best things!!! I would be lost for hours there!

Thanks for sharing.
Laura

Mary Kay Andrews said...

I used to shop the Cameron sale when I lived in Raleigh--such a great fair! I'm coming through your way Sunday en route to my writer's retreat. Any chance you could meet me at the depot???

Pam B said...

What fun! I could just kick myself for not going to Cameron when I had the chance. Now that I'm in Idaho, guess that won't be happening anytime soon. The junkin' out here is a lot further and far between...

Tammy said...

Beth- how cool. You put my sisters house in your post. WE were set up in the front yard..Tattered & Timeless. I wonder if you stopped by. Maybe we can meet next time you come through Cameron.
tammy

Unknown said...

The green house in your post is mine! :).I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit to Cameron. It is a great little town. Come on back the first saturday in may. :)