If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Have You Ever Wanted to Rescue a House?

I sure do.
This one to be exact.
You never know what you are going to to find when you're driving on a country road in the mountains.
I was doing just that one day right smack dab in the middle of a massive rain storm.
To tell you the truth, I was a little  scared gripping the steering wheel with white knuckles!
I was going probably 15 miles an hour because I simple couldn't see it was raining so hard .
I was hoping to find a place to be able to pull over and wait it out because the drop offs on the side of the road
were super scary too.
That's when I went around this curve and saw this beautiful old  log house.
I found my place to pull over.
And fell in love.

It has been my dream all of my adult life and then some to have a log home. Not a big fancy schmancy A-frame or anything.
I want this.
This two story, square cut  antique beauty with a front porch.
To see it just sitting there falling apart breaks my heart to no end!
I want to rescue it and fix it up and live it and sit on the front porch while that big tree shades the front yard.
It's funny how there is someone out there somewhere who owns this and doesn't want it
all the while there is someone else who has wished all her life for this very thing!

The sun came out after the rain and I snapped these  photos before my camera went dead.
When I was putting my camera back in my bag, a herd of cows came out of the woods and were surrounding the cabin.
Made me want the cows too.
It all looked so wonderful.
I think I may have choked up a little.

People have asked me why I work so hard.
This is the reason.
Someday I want to rescue a house that needs me as much as I need it.
Gosh how I wish this was the one.
Have you ever wanted to rescue a house?

11 comments:

Maureen said...

I dream about this type of place all the time! It started with a ramshackle old stone house when I was a teenager (maaaaany moons ago) and still lurks in my heart.

Terri at Finder's Keeper's said...

Hold on to your dream, your time will come. You could always ask a neighbor how to get in touch with the owner. You never know what can happen with just an inquiry.

pballard said...

Love that little house too! What fun it would be.. I love the movie Its A Wonderful life just for that reason. When Mary throws the rock threw the window and wishes to do just that!!! Enjoy your weekend!

Faye said...

YES! I found an old saltbox in Missouri this spring that I wish I could rescue. It was white and full of gingerbread and it's falling down. Heartbreaking! I love 'your' log house too!

Earlene said...

Yes I have and that house is perfect! Love finds like that.
Love road trips like that.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love this. We are birds of a feather. There is a similar house on our way to the lake that is nearly identical but with white paint that's barely there. I die. My husband thinks I'm nuts. Your rescue hous dream will come true eventually!...is "the" dream that you mentioned in your message?!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Oh what a beauty. I'm always stopping to see old gems like this one and wishing too I could restore them!

Betty said...

That's so funny, just yesterday I while garage saling I was on a street I hadn't been on before and there was a big ol' abandoned house and I thought it would be soooo fun to buy it and fix it up. The same thought I have every time I seen one of these old home with so much character. Oh if I had tons of money that's what I'd like to do, restore old forgotten homes. So sad. This one looks pretty far gone.

Keepsake Designs said...

Sigh... At the young age of ten or eleven, my sister and I found an old abandoned house almost identical to yours. It was so hidden & far down an old lane; as if nobody living knew it even existed. We spent many days for the next several years walking the 2 mile trek just to visit it and pretend it was ours.

Keepsake Designs said...

Sigh... At the young age of ten or eleven, my sister and I found an old abandoned house almost identical to yours. It was so hidden & far down an old lane; as if nobody living knew it even existed. We spent many days for the next several years walking the 2 mile trek just to visit it and pretend it was ours.

Melissa said...

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I would love to rescue an old house. I lost count of the ones I had in mind, when we lived in TN. Now we're back in Utah and there just aren't as many to rescue. Guess my husband knew how to cure me (bring me back out west). Haha My motto is bloom where you're are planted, but you never know what life will bring. :)

shabbychicfarm.blogspot