If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Monday, July 2, 2012

Opportunity Knocked......

When you open a business , obviously your main goal is to succeed and be able to enjoy what you are doing.
You also continue to dream on how you can grow and flourish to keep the experience evolving.
I've been in this business for 25 years. During this time I have had  the joy of being able to work in many different facets.
I opened my first shop in 1987 fresh out of high school (I knew EVERYTHING I could possible need to know right???lol!) and that has created the path of this  fantastic career of doing what I love!
Along this path I designed and made every product I sold. At one point I was asked to help a friend of mine set up her show room at some major trade shows across the country. In return I was able to feature my products in a small section of the show room and take orders. Not much of a display for my things but a  presence none the less.
It was during that time I was "discovered" by the owner of a leading home decor company and I contracted with them for 5 years to design products for their company. As a designer I was also encouraged to work some of the major shows through out the country. The experience was amazing and I learned ALOT about how this business works.
All the while I did this, I would find myself imagining what I would do with my OWN showroom one day.
I would day dream about the products and how they would be displayed. I would get all excited at the thought of working with designers and new clients.
One thing was for certain: I wanted to take all that I learned and  be able to sell MY LOOK of "antiques" and use my designer eye to incorporated the right touches that clearly defines me. Every chippy, rusty, crusty side of me. I was done being in the shadows of others and wanted to be able to
"spread my wings."
Some day.
Well, I am so excited to tell you that SOME day became TO day!
At this moment I am all tinglie and pinching myself to believe it.
PINCH  PINCH PINCH!
Last week I got a phone call that put my dream into motion. The gal on the other end , Karen,  left me a message that I was thrilled to hear. She had seen my booth displays at  The Depot and The Sleepy Poet was most impressed with my products and display design.  Because of this she said that she would like to invite me to become part of the Antique and Design center in High Point NC.
I am PROUD to say that I have OFFICIALLY signed on as one of the exhibitors for the Fall Market.
I am showroom 53.
My dream is now making me a nervous wreck.

This is their ad for last years fall market.
I love the motto:
Continental ~Glam~ Industrial ~Garden ~Artisian Made ~Chic ~Glorious!
Speaking of GLORIOUS.......
take a peek at my showroom!

The back wall is beautiful brick , the floors are gorgeous hard wood  and the side walls are a wonderful neutral soft sage green. I don't have to do a thing except decorate it out!
Yep..it's as simple as that! UGH!
Right now the previous vendor has to move his things into the showroom across from me (neat stuff huh?) and then I get to get started. I already can't sleep.
I go over and over the layout in my head.
I need some big pieces for certain and have been lucky to score a few this past weekend.

I cannot wait to see these floors filled with awesome items and CUSTOMERS!
Then...maybe then will I be able to relax.
The best part of realizing this dream is that it goes hand in hand with my other dream of having my shop.
My hope is that by having the showroom I can lead designers and clients to the shop for year round service.
Mr. OTM is excited too. He has already shared some great design ideas and so far things are falling into place.
His encouragement means the world. Couldn't do it without him.
So there you have it! I just filled out the contract and put it in the mail box.
Opportunity knocked...(pretty loud too!) and I can't belive that I had the courage to answer it.
Here I come dream!

23 comments:

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

That is so wonderful!!! I am so excited for you. All of your creativity and hard work has brought you to an amazing time in your life. Congratulations and please keep us updated:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Susan said...

Wonderful news! I am so very excited for you and cannot wait to "watch it all unfold" on your blog! Love you, my friend! xoxo

Wanda S. Horton - Interior Designer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wanda S. Horton - Interior Designer said...

A huge congratulations, Beth! I had a feeling this would happen for you. :) High Point is an amazing show and I can't wait to see you continue to flourish with this wonderful branding opportunity. Be sure to have some help at the space, so that you can take a break and experience the market and some of the events. It's a whole new world of design education!

Perfectly proud!
Wanda

Kirby Carespodi said...

Beth, this is FABULOUS! I used to help set up for the show in High Point with a friend who designed wrought iron furniture (the company has since gone out of business). If you score me a pass, I'll come help! (Russ can just point, and I'll move stuff around.) How wonderful that your "eye" has been discovered!

Kirby Carespodi said...

(Now you can downsize your Sleepy Poet booth and give me a corner ;)

Tammy said...

Wonderful for you. I'm so happy. I hope to hear more and then I can visit. Or if you need help feel free to haul my butt there. I'm good at all that.

red.neck chic said...

Oh Beth... you have just taken my breath away!!! I am SO EXCITED and INCREDIBLY PROUD of you!!!

Augh! I'm doing the happy happy Beth dance around my house!!!

I can NOT wait to watch you take on more of the world!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
:) robelyn

Unknown said...

Awesome!! Congratulations!! Cannot wait to see a sneak peek of the amazing items you design & re-design!
take care
Kim

Linda Lindley said...

So excited for you- and sad for Bella Rustica! I know you are gonna rock that market, girlfriend! Don't forget about us-check us out in the flea market issue of Romantic Homes (Aug) Wish I could step inside that head of yours for a bit- you are amazing and you deserve it all!

Kris Vogelsang said...

Wow! This is amazing news! Good for you! The space has great 'bones' and I can't wait to see what you do with it!!
Enjoy!
Kris of Cricket Acres Studio

Back in Time Treasures said...

How exciting for you Beth! You will do well. I look forward to the pictures on your blog of how you create this space! Wow! Susan

Anne said...

Beth,
Congratulations that is awesome!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see what you did with your space.LOVE those wood floors.
((((Hugs)))
Anne

JPreston said...

Congratulations

Prior said...

How awesome for you! you have worked hard and now you get to work some more, lol, I know you will enjoy it and be fulfilled!
Lezlee

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

How super exciting!! I say jump on that roller coaster and go go go!!!

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

I am totally thrilled for you. I only 'know' you through your Blog....and it's obvious that this is the perfect new adventure for you. We all love the hunt for treasures...but the 'display' brings the most satisfaction and joy. I wish you well. Don't forget us and looking forward to experiencing this with you thru your posts and pics!
Enjoy the journey...
Blessings, Susie

time worn interiors said...

Way to go girl! Good Luck!
tot

Sue (Vintage Rescue) said...

Woo hoo!!! Beth, this is awesome news, and you totally deserve this opportunity! XOX

Vintage Remix said...

Awesome... and very inspiring to all the rest of us dreamers... I can only imagine that even more wonderful things are around the corner for you!

Michele (Vintage Remix)

Gridley said...

Congrads...I am so proud and happy for what you have accomplished down there. You sure have flourished!
Karen

decorator to the stars said...

BETH, WE MAY FINALLY GET TO MEET :) I MAY BE DOING THE SHOW ALSO!! GIO

Unknown said...

Holy awesome, Beth! That is a great showroom space too. Sometimes they need quite a bit of work just to have a good base to work from, you know? This is only the beginning, friend! More dream come trues are in store for you! You always face new things with such a great attitude, even when you're freaking out a bit! xo Jami