If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Washin Bottles....

My goal yesterday was to complete some Etsy orders for my bottles.
I have boxes of old bottles just like this that need to be cleaned.
While I was doing that , I came across a petrified mouse inside one of the big blue bottles!
I don't know who was more "petrified"~ HIM or ME!
Even though he was dead......long dead , poor little thing~ it scared the wits outta me!
He got flushed but not after a few words about his life and legacy.

Bottle cleaning is a long process and some of um need to soak for hours.
One tip I have found works GREAT is to spray Greased Lightening inside the bottle and let it sit for a few minutes.
Take a bottle brush and scrub away. Works wonders!!
Have any BOTTLE CLEANING TIPS you'd like to share??
Please feel free~ I'd love to hear um.
Have a great day!

7 comments:

honeycreekprims said...

Soaking them in cider vinegar will often do the trick.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh my, the little petrified mouse surprise would have done me in! :)

I didn't know the trick mentioned in the above comment. That's kind of neat to know. I'll be afraid of finding something like your surprise now though!

Have a great day Beth!
Tammy

Pendleton Primitives said...

I use vinegar as well. The bottles are lovely and I probably couldn't handle the mouse since a frog scared the beejesus out of me a few weeks ago.
~Christina

Back in Time Treasures said...

Have you tried cascade dishwasher soap? Let them soak overnight and they will be sparkling clean! Also, great tip for your pyrex dishes, the stuff just falls off the dish, no scrubbing and left residue in the corners! Try it sometime! Susan

Melissa said...

I always used cascade powder dishwasher soap too and let them sit for awhile. Works wonders on all my bottles and jars!

Anne said...

Beth,
LOVE those old bottles!YIKES a mouse.Dead or alive it would have scared me!My cat would have been happy!
xx
Anne

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Beth, Love old bottles, started collecting them when I was a child, my father had an antique shop. They are still one of my favorite things to look for. You have some really nice ones, ok minus the mouse. Vicky