If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Thursday, April 23, 2009

GARAGE SALE FIND + ANTIQUE SHOW FIND = THIS!

This pound of Melt and Pour soap was at a garage sale for .25 cents....................
I put it into an old sauce pan to melt.......................
Poured it into this AWESOME OLD ROOSTER MOLD ( holds 10!) I found at an antique show...$20.00. My friend Lisa told me to spray it lightly first with Pam >>>>>(great hint Lisa....thanks!!) After it sets take the end of a butter knife to pop them out. OH>>>>> his agent requires that I mention that Mr. OTM was the hand model for this photo shoot....LOL!

AND HERE THEY ARE!!! They were VERY EASY to do but kind of a pain because you have to keep re-melting the soap in order to be able to pour it. The directions instruct you to do this with a microwave but ours is on the fritz so I did it on the stove top. Anyway, I love how they turned out and can't wait to try it again once we get a new micro!! (hint hint Mr. OTM...with the royalties from this photo shoot he should have plenty to get me a new micro....don't you think??......lol!)


SO.......... I have $20.25 invested in to this project . My plan is that after I make and sell a few of these I will come out ahead. Sounds good right?? I plan on doing some cinnamon wax bowl fillers and stuff too so I think it should work out. (I just have to keep telling myself this becasue I wanted the rooster mold so bad and in case Mr. OTM reads this I have a legit business plan in effect!! LOL!) Have a great day!!!



15 comments:

Holly Hills Primitives said...

That soap is adorable. Those roosters would also be cute with a tiny ripped strip tied around the neck! You won't have any problem selling them. Have fun playing with your new goodies. Dawn

Janene said...

Your rooster mold is definately worth the $20 you paid for it!
Those soaps turned out amazing!
And what a great bargain on the soap...You practically stole it!

Jody said...

Those turned out great! How fun!

Sandy said...

These are really cute. One word of caution though. I made white soap Santa's one year using a candy mold. Most people thought they were white chocolate. Be sure to label them well! Soap won't hurt anyone who bites into it, but they might not be too happy about it.

~Tonja~ said...

Oh my that mold was so worth the money...
your soaps are so adorable...love them..
Prim Blessings...
Tonja

Lisa said...

Those soaps look AMAZING... very cute!

Colleen said...

Very cute. Love the mold! Do you suppose you can still buy Melt & Pour?

My Colonial Home said...

Great price for the soap...someone reallllly wanted to get rid of it for sure. And lucky you!
Cute Roosters!!
Karen

Never So Simple said...

They turned out great. I love the mold you used.

Donna

Lola Enchanted said...

Oh wow, I love that soap! I love roosters too!!! Great find for .25!

Crystal said...

Love...Love your blog and I really love yard sales but don't seem to find the good finds like you did! Those are adorable!
Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Wow! I do love that mold...not really a bad price for it either:)
They should sell very well too.
Rondell

OldeAnniePrimitives said...

What great finds! Love those roosters! Great mold! I would have snagged it for $20! ~~Annie

Barking Dogs Flea Market Style said...

Love them!!!!

~Jennifer

Denise said...

I love the soaps! I bet they smell so good.

XXDenise