If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Monday, April 13, 2009

A LITTLE PIECE OF YOUR HEART.........

This post is kind of different.......I was talking to a very good friend of mine today and she was telling me that a good friend of hers (that I don't know) was walking her dog on Easter Sunday when someone pulled over to tell her that her house was on fire! Thank goodness she was out of the house with the dog BUT she lost everything. She lost all her favorite primitive decorations for everyday and holidays. I cannot imagine how awful...to lose all the things that helped to make your house a home. WELLLLLLL , I got to thinking.....I know soooo many of you in blog land have big hearts and care so much.....I would like to help this lady replace some of her decorations. If you would like to help her too, I would love it if you would share A LITTLE PIECE OF YOUR HEART! Little is the key word here...something that will fit into a small envelope so it doesn't cost you much to mail it. Just email me and I will give you my address and you can send it to me. I have a bunch of stuff gathered and I will just add it to that and send it out. Keep in mind it could be something you made even!! That would be most wonderful!! There are alot of talented crafters out there. It could be for any season too since she lost it all. Don't worry about colors...just think PRIM!!I will take pictures of the whole loot before I send it off. I will accept donations until mid May so that gives everyone some time. I can't thank you enough and I know the gal will be forever grateful. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

17 comments:

The Whistle Stop said...

I will be happy to send something. Although I'm sure she's very grateful for life of herself and her dog it's still heartbreaking to loose everything. I have had a customer that this happened to and I know that loosing everything was hard, doing some replacing of things was fun! So, tell her to find the rainbow in the rain!
Laurie
Where do I send my contribution?

Constance said...

How thoughtful of you. I know what it is like to lose everything. I'm so glad that she and her dog are OK. Please send me the address as I'd like to contribute. Starting over is hard but life is a wonderful thing and there are rewards in starting over. Kind new friends like you are one of them. I wish her all the best.

Granny said...

I'll be glad to send something along. I can't imagine losing everything at one fell swoop.

karen s. said...

Beth Swanson, your heart is filled with kindness and generosity. You are one in a million!

North Street Bookkeeping said...

yes yes yes and another big yes...I'll see what I can do for you (her)

bless you dear friend

North Street Bookkeeping said...

p.s. hubby's blog name... ooops

xoxox
cityfarmer

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh send me your address.I know I can find some goodies to send to you...:)

suzeeez said...

I would like to send her something too ....I'll look around to see what I have Prim. Sue

Pots 'n Prims said...

Count me in too chick! Lemme see what I can get together!
You're a great gal for doing this for her!! I feel lucky to call you my friend! :)
Hugs!
lisa

Shelley said...

You are a sweetie to do this!!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a heart for others you have. I had a friend who lost everything in a house fire, too -- every THING, not anyONE, and of course she looked on the bright side, but still, it was those little knickknacks that make a home feel "homey." I have some little prim things I would like to send.

OldeAnniePrimitives said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful gesture! I would LOVE to send something. Just let me know where to send! ~~Annie

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hi Everybody!!
WOW!!! I knew there were alot of big ole hearts out there just wanting to share a little piece! For those of you who need to know where to send anything, just click on my email button in the sidebar on the blog and send me and email! I will give you the mailing address in my reply!!!
I wish I could give you all a big squeezie hug!!
Beth

trash talk said...

I don't think it was a coincedence that she and her dog were out of the house, but God removing her to safety. I know she lost all her things but thank goodness she didn't lose you. What a wonderful gesture. I would love to send something. I hold primitives pretty close to my heart. It make take me until May to unpack my boxes but I'll find the right thing.
Debbie

Dawn said...

I would be honored to be a part of this great idea. Thanks for the blessing, Dawn

~Tonja~ said...

What a blessing that she was out walking her dog...God sure was watching over her...and what a blessing you are to do this for her...I too would like to give something...I too know how it feels
to loose everything...
will be emailing you...
Prim Blessings...
Tonja

Catty Wampus said...

you are a very kind friend to think of this; I will find somethings to send too. I will email you for your address; so nice to meet kind folks here in blogland! Merrie