If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas at the Shop!

Finally got a gazillion pics uploaded tonight and thought that if I am going to share any of the shop at Christmas time with you I better get to it!
Enjoy browsing!
Double sided street sign...how appropriate for this time of year huh?

Apothecary was a recent find! I am loving this and plan on making room for it in my office after the holidays are over.


ho ho ho

Wanna to know something neat? This big old cupboard is actually Steven Spieburg's! It belongs to my landlords now but for those of you that don't know, the movie The Color Purple was filmed in Marshville (where my shop is located). My shop was actually the General Store in the movie! If you were to go watch the movie right now, you would see my shop~ the front porch~ everything! Oprah has been in my shop! Sure wish I had had it back then!! Sure wish she'd come back! Anyway back to the cupboard....Steven had two of these built as props for the movie and only one survived. It's a love/ hate relationship with the thing. It holds a TON, it weighs a TON, I can't ever move it and nothing ever sold from the bottom shelves. I just added the burlap a few weeks ago and I am loving it right now. However, there are those days I would love to call Spielburg and ask him to come pick it up!


words to live by!
NEW beeswax candles just arrived!
One of the most popular displays this year! Nothing moves on this old bike except the kickstand...kind of!
old sled never looked so good!

Gi~gundeous birdhouse


Perfect wreath to display all winter long

old little red and white sled

Canisters to store all kinds of cookies!


Hope you enjoyed your tour.
May you all be blessed with
Wynter Tyme Blessings! :0)


17 comments:

Vintage Market Place said...

What a neat story about the cupboard!
It all looks so perfect for the holiday shopping season, cozy and you just fall in love with the feeling it give you.
The bike and the skate wreath are my favs
Happy Holidays
AMy

Shabby Vintage Junk said...

Heya Beth....!

I LOVE your cupboard & it's story....LUCKY you....!!

Your Shop looks YUMMY as always & I'm SO wishin' I could be there to see it in all it's Christmas splendour....** sigh ** ....Sometimes I feel I am MUCH further away than a 14 hour flight....!!!

Have a GREAT weekend Lovey....!

Cheers from Oz,
Tamarah :o)

the old white house said...

Your shop is wonderful! I love the cupboard, and it has such a great story! Everything is gorgeous! Theresa xoxo

trash talk said...

Now just how far is it from Dallas? Great stuff.
That cabinet is the bomb.com! How can you put a price on something that pays for itself.
I love that bike too. You could just call it a junker's version of a stationary bicycle! LOL
Debbie

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

LoVe that cabinet with ALL the White Cubby Drawers!*!*!
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

You wish SS would come and get the cabinet and I WISH I lived close enough to visit your great shop. Merry Christmas, T

Holly Hills Primitives said...

It's official! I've got to plan a trip to Tennessee so Connie and I can come visit the shop in the spring! Absolutely adorable - everything. She had told me about the bike and she was right, I can see why it's a favorite. Thanks for sharing and have a happy holiday, Dawn

Mary Kay Andrews said...

After seeing the bike in your shop I copied the idea for the Christmas decorations at The Breeze Inn on Tybee Island. Found an old bike at the Tybee Dump, painted a basket lime green and wired it on, wrapped it with white lights and leaned against our picket fence--crowning Tybee Touch was the Budweiser box in the basket. And we won a decorating award. So thanks for the idea!

Thelma-Art said...

OMG!! I want to be there is like a Candy shop! Amazing

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Just wishing I was closer.Happy Holidays~Cheers Kim

Lisascraftiques said...

I just found your blog. Your shop is adorable. I live on the coast of NC...abit different than your neck of the woods but nice.
have a Merry Christmas!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

My Christmas wish list would get a bit longer if I lived closer!!

Awesome displays!!!

Linens Lace and Lattes said...

ohh how I love your shop. Can see why Oprah was there!
deb
linens lace and lattes

gail said...

I wish so much I could come to your shop. I absolutely love everything.
Love the apothecary, the bike, the cupboard, the pillows-everything!
Merry Christmas,
gail

Primsue said...

Wonderful treasures, Beth. Wish I loved close enough to come shopping.

Christmas Blessings,
Sue

DANA said...

I found you through cottage Hill and I love this! I wanted to invite you to enter my $50 American Express gift card giveaway that is going on for a few more days, and I also have a linky party happening! Keep up the good blogging! -Dana

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

Back in Time Treasures said...

Beth your house and shop look great! I love the way you put things together..you have such a knack, which I miss here in Ohio! Merry Christmas to you and OTM!