If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March {Make over} Madness!

Let me just start out this post by telling you that my "project pile" has never been so big.

In a perfect world, I could go junkin and everything I find would be in the perfect condition I would want and I wouldn't have to do A THING to it!

That is sooooooo not the case.

I even tell myself..."Okay self...stick to stuff that you can just put in the shop or a booth and the only thing you need to do to it , is put a price tag on it!"

That hardly ever happens.

It seems.

My creative side of my brains engulfs the entire rest of my brain telling it things like:

"oh...you could do this......

and then it would turn out like this......

or you could do this........!!!!"

Curses!

Ha...so obviously I am just going to have embrace the fact that I will forever have a

"project pile."

March came in with great mild weather and I starting diggin out the goods.

First up is this absolutely adorable vintage telephone stand..... "WHO are YOU wearing?"...she was asked at the Oscars......

"Why that would be Annie Sloan......in Duck Egg Blue!"

Lovely yes???




I really enjoyed working with Annie on this project.

Everything you hear is true.




one coat......


You can find this piece in my booth at the

Sleepy Poet!

Next up is this AWESOME old work bench on wheels.

Immediately I saw "KITCHEN ISLAND!!"



Just a basic coat of satin ivory paint and some distressing and antiquing.....



and BAM....updated to fit into any ones decor.




With a simple coat of poly on the top, it just made it shine.

This piece also rolled into my Sleepy POet booth.

Trust me ....I have more to show you BUT I best be getting to the shop!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!















9 comments:

White Lace and Promises said...

Love, love, love! I bought a can of Annie Sloan Paint and I had no luck. Or maybe it is my lack of talent. It clumped and did not go on smoothly, showing the brush marks. What did I do wrong? Please advise!

Cheryl said...

Love how everything turned out.
I have a "project pile", too, so I guess I will get busy.
Thanks for the inspiration,
Cheryl

mary pernula said...

I love the telephone stand. I am with you, my list is very long, I have a retired Husband that repurposes my casts off, but if I had my way he would be working 8 hours a day to keep up with my ideas...........have a great day. Hugs Mary

Melissa said...

Both pieces look great, but I'm IN LOVE with the "kitchen island." Wish my kitchen were big enough to fit it!

Need A Latte Mom said...

I too have a "project pile" that keeps on growing!
Loving Annie Sloan and I have a piece waiting for her but I will not allow myself to start another without finishing the first.
Really enjoying your blog...keep up the good work!
http://needalattemom.blogspot.com/

My Colonial Home said...

Hi Beth,
Goodness I love the Blue on the phone stand...it's wonderful.
I have to go out and find that now - I want to paint my Blanket Crane this Blue!

Karen

Michelle Hughes said...

I adore that workbench!!! Looks great!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

These pieces are beautiful!!
You did a great job!

Recycled Rita said...

I love that little telephone stand! I love the paint color too!