If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Monday, June 14, 2010

A Make-over!

Good Monday Morning!! This is a quickie post today with a project that has
taken forever and a day to get to....one of those that was constantly staring at me everytime I went into the garage! I knew it wouldn't take very long to complete but other stuff kept getting priority......please tell me you know how THAT is!
Okay...what we have here is a tall wood cabinet/bookcase that someone had used as a TV cabinet (see the hole?...if you peek closer that's Mr. OTM hiding behind it!...I just noticed that!) Anyway...it's a drab olive green, has a piece or dental molding at the top and some adjustable shelves~ more than is in this photo.PRESTO CHANG-O! Simple yet much much better! What do you think?
Here's what we did.....
1. Took off the old back with the hole and replaced it with a piece of wide plank paneling (prepainted, Lowes $14.93 sheet...have left overs)
2. Sanded all over and repainted with standard white, satin finish , 2 coats
3. Took off the dental molding strip and added a chunkier piece of antique chippy molding from my " I know I will use this for something someday stash!"
4. Sanded and distressed the whole piece and put shelves back in.
DONE!

Here it is for sale in my booth at the Sleepy Poet.
As you can see it holds a bunch of stuff~ hum , maybe I should have put this in MY computer/craft/office/extra bedroom!

This post is linked to Funky Junk Interiors Gitter Done series and Shabby Nest Frugal Friday! Hop on over there and get inspired to finish a project that has been taunting you for awhile!
Feels great to GITTER DONE!

11 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Looks great! Carla

Jeni said...

Wow! Paint is a total BFF,huh? Amazing transformation!

The Whistle Stop said...

Yes, we have a garage full of those kind of projects! So, full that there isn't room to work... then the projects get put off even longer! My husband is good at weeding through and still works on things. I have to start with a clearer path then we've got! Went on a country drive to deliver a piece of furniture yesterday. Say a metal building on a farm with 4 bays. I thought one for storage, one for building, one for painting & one for finsished prodect. ... A perfect world for a junker!
The cabinet looks great! I love the molding!
Thanks for the "getter done" inspiration"!
Laurie

Beckyjean said...

Beth~

It looks wonderful!!

Hugs~Becky

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

The transformation is fabulous!!!

Shelley said...

That's amazing what you did w/ that bookshelf!! Love it!!!

Faded Charm said...

I love how this cupboard turned out. You make it sound so easy! also loving everything inside it at your booth.

Kathleen

Angela said...

Cool!! You made something great out of something that looked pretty sad. Don't you love it when you can do that!

Cindy said...

That looks wonderful now!!! You really did a marvelous makeover on it.

the old white house said...

Great transformation! I'm so glad you 'found' my blog because now I found another like minded soul! I've been going through some of your older posts and love your transformations and chippy ideas. You also have a new follower and I can't wait to read more! Theresa

Blue Creek Home said...

That is amazing. I never thought of adding old molding! It really makes the piece look believably old!!

I love this.
Rhonda