If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

What I DIDN'T BUY at the THRIFT STORE!

Good Morning!! Yesterday I hit a couple thrift stores and decided to take my camera along with me to show you all the lovelys that I DIDN'T BUY! Usually I am showing you all my loot from a weekend of yard saling and flea marketing but since we had the big anniversary weekend at the shop I couldn't head out . A HUGE thanks to all who came out by the way....I appreciate each and everyone of you!

Okay peeps...are you ready for this? I know you'll be SHOCKED at some of these items I left sittin on the shelf...........maybe.

I actually thought about getting these lamps (the pair) but they were too retro comtemporary modern for any of my booths. The little lovely to the left is stunning though....

a sea of clubs.....

Wanted it...didn't work..totally busted on the back...bummer!




I wish I had thought of these darn crock thingies....they are ALWAYS there...



See what I mean...ALWAYS! And always minus the cork lid!





Oh I bet I could......maybe.....no I think so....yep, I'd give it a try....





Don't you love this...must be a tad on the heavy side huh?? Bunch o wimps.....








I thought the price was a bit steep ...I mean these things are like a dime a dozen! Knock off a hundred bucks and they might actually sell it!





This one was a toughie but alas I passed on the strapless leather dress with the very flattering ruffle right on the waist...........











Now these were cute! I mean it, little old vintage jammies with navy weathervanes all over the place. I ALMOST bought um..










TOTALLY passed on this one.........













Oh...lookie here....this was a surprise! NOT! Remember my post on this? They are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS at EVERY SINGLE THIFT STORE I GO TO.....ALWAYS! Right along with ..........











THIS ONE!!! ALWAYS ALWAYS!! Seriously, go to any TS today and I promise you they will be there! (p.s. I read um both...tee hee...who didn't right?)













"Darling, I must have you now, don't go! I cannot find my shirt! My desire is so strong I cannot wait any longer.......!" ( I left them two alone and kept movin...lol!)













Seriously?















Nordic Track graveyard...


















I know someone is thinking, what's wrong with those lamps?

















These were at every single craft show I ever did...and sold like crazy. Wish I had thought of this too.
















And for the GRAND FINALE....TA DA!!! The title of the print? A Star is Born! Good Grief!




SO I could have done this all day! It was fun taking pics of all the weird and wild stuff that lurks inside the TS jungle! I am linking this to Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm!
I do have some finds that I got at ShopKeeper Sunday the other day that I will post later on. Til then enjoy these beauties! Have a great day!


















16 comments:

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Loved this post - gave me a good laugh to start the day.

Jane said...

Yes, there is some wild and wacky stuff on the shelves of the thrift stores. I can't believe you passed on that "A Star is Born" picture :-)
Have a great day.
Jane

Traci~Moon Gypsy said...

Beth, thanks for a good laugh to start my day! Enjoyed your great post! Blessings, Traci

time worn interiors said...

I really think you should have bought the leather dress thingy! LOL! To funny!
Theresa

Victoria said...

Oh that was so funny! It surprises me sometimes what GW will accept, there's always stuff with missing parts.

I used to have that Oprah cookbook but somewhere along the way I lost it! It had a wonderful recipe for a grilled veggie sandwich:)

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Oh my gosh I am cracking up because YEP those wonderful treasures are at all the thrift stores !
xoxo
Lori

Gwendolen Elaine said...

And let's not forget the gazillion microwave cookbooks at every thrift store.I definitely see Rosie and Oprah a lot, too.This post was so cute!

Queenplinker said...

Too funny, that pic of poor Marilyn, it's so..so..I'm speechless.
Have a great day, Lynea

Unknown said...

What a terrific and FUN post!!
You made me giggle!!
Keep those awesome teasures comin'!! ;)
~Tam

Vintage Market Place said...

This is such a great post, and yes those prices are CRAZY! I just was cleaning out my house this weekend and I have bags full of stuff to donate, I hate to drop it off in one of these stores. When did thrift shops become more expensive than Target?? How are they geared toward everything collectible instead of helping those who can't afford to by new. Thrifting has changed so much, I stay out of the big chain thrift shops and love the church shops.
amy

Unknown said...

You are right! Those two books are always at the TS! I don't know why you didn't buy the second set of lamps:) LOL
take care
Kim

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Oh my goodness, I thought that I was walking down the isles of our Goodwill! LOL.
It really is amazing what weird and wacky things you see in these stores.

Love the exercise equipment graveyard!

hugs
Sissie

WhiteWhispers2u said...

It's amazing you just never know what might just show up at your local thrift store what a Hoot! ~Cheers Kim

Susie~From My Home To Yours said...

Hey Beth...love this post! Thanks for starting my morning with humor and laughs.
BTW, mentioned you on my White Wednesday post today!
CYA,
Susie

Sherrie said...

How very clever and fun. I was enjoying your post anyway but then gor to the Rosie cookbook. My goodwill store has 3 copies! I had to laugh when I saw yours.

marie said...

This was such a fun post! What a great idea!

I was at the thrift store Thursday night and yes indeed...those two books were there. Too funny!