If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oprah come back!


Once the ole Dodge makes the trip home from Ohio , she gets unloaded here at the shop! This picture is of opening day June 1st 2007. If you read the sign hanging up there you'll notice that it says The Olde Tyme Design Co. When I opened , I only had this unit at 123 N. White St. As of May this year I expanded to the other unit next door as well and thats when The Olde Tyme MarketPlace began. It was built in 1910 and is reaching the century mark quickly. The building is best known for being used in the filming of The Color Purple. Downtown Marshville was used as the Downtown scenes in the film, most of them being shot right on my street....White Street! Yep ...it's true....OPRAH HAS BEEN INSIDE MY SHOP!!! But.............and theres ALWAYS a but.....I didn't happen to own the shop at that time and I didn't even live here and I was still in high school and the list goes on and on....but she has been here and you can see it in the movie. There is a great scene where Oprah and Whoopie Goldberg come into the General Store during Christmas and it's fun for me to watch and know they were there at one time. PLEASE COME BACK!!! OH.....Did that sound a little desperate???....I'm not proud....I think they'd really like what I've done with the place. If anyone knows how to get in touch with them please feel free!

No comments: