If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Ta-Da! Well it's literally taken me all day, but I am finally doing my very first blog post! I can't believe it (and I know my friend Lisa won't believe it either... she has patiently helped me get this going..Thanks a bunch Lisa!) I have spent the last hour trying to upload some pictures but i keep being told "there was a problem during your upload...unable to upload images at this time due to an internal error." Well to me that sounds pretty serious and I have NOT A CLUE what to do to get that fixed so I just decided to get on with it without the pics.
The log cabin in the picture is too die for don't ya think?? I chose to put it there becasue that is my goal someday......my dream house!I have wanted that ever since I read Little House in the Big Woods! Maybe not that exact cabin as it is a historical marker in the town of Winesburg , Ohio but hey...they just might want to sell it someday and I'll need to be ready!
When the computer allows me to upload some pictures I will show you the shop and what I am all about. Inside you will finds primitive goods all over the place including, fabric goods, candles, tart warmers, pottery, furniture, signs and more! Heck we'll even feed ya lunch! No kiddin! We now have fresh deli sandwiches, salads, muffins, cookies , pound cake , sweet tea and ice cream served daily on our long store counter! Grab a bite and go sit on the porch with the old tin roof and enjoy! Til then.........................

6 comments:

Marcia C. said...

Loved your blog, Beth. I am proud to be your first "comment-or"! To all of you out there in www-Land, get down to the Old Tyme Marketplace, you'll be glad you did!! Beth is a great gal; she has plenty of talent and plenty of g-o-o-o-d stuff. See ya down there!

Marcia C.

Panache Designs by Pamela said...

Beth your blog is so cute I just love it. Now you need to add some bluegrass music in the background - that would be the icing on the cake. The cabin is a great picture and I can understand why you'd want to buy it. The loaded down truck is so funny and I can picture you driving it around. The only other thing you need is a T-shirt reading "You Deplete Me"
I wish you the best in everything you do.
LYMI
Pam H.

Karen S. said...

This is a "Karen Sharkey sighting" coming from Ashtabula, Ohio where I first ventured upon Olde Tyme Christmas and was immediately hooked. (line and sinker!) Beth Swanson was and will always be an inspiration! To all the lucky people who visit her shoppe....I am happy for you!...happy but jealous :-) Congratulations Beth...the shoppe is adorable!

Pots 'n Prims said...

Sooooo proud of ya girl!!! I think you've got the hang of the boggin' now!LoL! You have a wonderful blog to go with your fabulous shop! I always wish ya the best of luck!

denise cancelonie said...

Beth,
The store looks so amazing, I am so happy for you, I really miss going on a "wood trip" with you. I see a snake I tell you what.....
I am so happy for you, I cannot believe you have a blog, you have come along way from using your calculator for a cell phone!
xoxox
love ya!
Denise

Miss Nettie said...

Olde Tyme Design and Marketplace is my favorite "Sanity Retreat". The wonderful displays and aromas make you feel like you've gone home. Beth is a super nice friendly person with a great eye for 'stuff". Can't have too much stuff! Jump in your pickup and head off to Marshvegas and haul a big load home! The best part is you will make a new frien, just like I did!