If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Friday, February 6, 2009

Another Before & After

Before..yucky faded gray/brown paint!
After...black paint..sanded and distressed!
This great display case is now at the shop. Love how it turned out! I really like this piece because the top shelf sits back a little creating a different style than what your normal bookcase looks like. It gives it a more primitive look I think. This is gonna have to be just a quickie post today....off to a meeting! I have been asked to take a seat on the board for our local Chamber of Commerce. Tonight they announce the new members. I am nervous because I don't know alot of people but I want to help our little town as much as I can. I've never done anything like this before so I hope I am doing the right thing! Time will tell!! Hope you have a great weekend!

15 comments:

Lisa said...

LOVE THE SHELF. HOPE ALL GOES WELL AT THE MEETING TONIGHT.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

trash talk said...

The shelf looks great. Good job, just like the one I know you are going to do for your little town. You obviously care a great deal and that's half the battle. Good luck tonite. Just remember, mingle, mingle, schmooze, mingle!!! Debbie

Shelley said...

Your display case turned out great! Good luck w/ your chamber job - I'm sure it will be rewarding! :-)

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Well just look at ya, it looks great!! You have been so productive this week... I am jealous, talk to you later. good luck tonight!
Tootles,
Janna

Susan said...

Love it, love it, love it!

Mandy said...

Love the bookcase. What a great honor to be asked to attend that meeting. Good luck!

Mandy

Tammy said...

I love, love, love it. Great job

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Another great redo!!

Good luck with your meeting!

Back in the Day said...

Love the bookshelf makeover!

Good luck at your meeting!

Lisa said...

Yep, I am in love with that shelf. It looks WONDERFUL in black!!

Leslie said...

Looks great :) Love it!

Leslie

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I can't believe the difference the black paint made!

Nance said...

Hello there,
Wish I have some of your creativity! I am lacking in that category. :)
Your blog is very interesting and I will be back.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow...what a difference! It looks great!

Tammy

Jen said...

Love that bookshelf painted black! Good Job!!!