If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

DO YOU REMEMBER CAPTAIN KANGAROO??

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!! SURE HOPE YOU ALL HAVE LITTLE HEARTS POPPING AROUND YOU TODAY!! So what's the deal with Captain Kangaroo you ask??? Well when I was a little girl my mom would take me and my brother to the library for Story Hour. After the story was finished , mom would let us go check out a book. I would ALWAYS look for the littlest book I could. To this day I still love little books.....(who knows where that one came from...anyway.....) and find myself hunting for them when out thrifting. Well this little book SHE LOVES ME SHE LOVES ME NOT was one of my all time favorites and I would check it out often and be totally upset when it was gone to someone else. The author is Robert Keeshan aka CAPTAIN KANGAROO which I thought was super cool when my mom told me who it was. We watched him all the time and Rick (my bro) and I thought it was hilarious to call him Robert Kangaroo...I mean we would be rolling on the floor laughing thinking we were so funny. So fast forward to the Annual Library Book Sale. It was held in the basement and we went down there after story hour. GOOD GRACIOUS....there was MY BOOK!! I remember grabbing it in disbelief, hoping and praying mom would let me have it. Well as you can she I have a very nice mommy and she bought it for me that day!! Every Valentines Day it comes out to decorate and I smile whenever I think about how excited I was to be able to have it forever! Hope your day is filled with LOVE!!

10 comments:

Shelley said...

What a sweet story and a little treasure you now have! (I loved Capt Kangaroo as a child!)

Lisa said...

I TOO LOVED CAPTAIN KANGAROO!!!

GREAT STORY, THANKS FOR SHARING IT.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

savvycityfarmer said...

oh yeah, baby!!!!

a stroll down memory lane....thanks.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Oh, what a great memory...loved Captain Kangaroo and Mister Greenjeans:) I'd cherish the book too! Lucky you.
Rondell

Rock River Stitches said...

I love Captin Kangaroo too! Loved your story. When I was in grade school and was home sick, I couldn't wait to watch him. I loved Bunny Rabbit and his carrots. And Mr. Moose and the ping pong balls. awwww memories.

Tammy

Unknown said...

OMG!!!...I used to love to sit and watch Captain Kangaroo right before school every morning!...I do remember him!....OH, the good ole' days when things were simplier....that is when Mom cooked the breakfast and served it to me....not me cooking it and serving it....LOL

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a teeny tiny book! I no idea Cap'n Kangaroo had written a book! That is really a treasure.

Back in the Day said...

How neat! What a great gift!
Nicole

Mandy said...

Aww, that's a great story. I love books too. I watched Captain Kangaroo every morning . . . the ping pong balls, grandfather clock, Mr. Greenjeans. Thanks for the memory!

Mandy

jdeere1 said...

OMG!! I LOVED Mr. Moose and all those ping pong balls! And Mr. Greenjeans!!!

Do you remember The New Zoo Review with Henrietta Hippo and that frog?? And remember The Friendly Giant???