If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Center of Attention

My 10.00 garage sale goose all decked out!
the entire tablescape


the favors and place-cards

Okay...here's the scoop.....There is a new events center opening up in one of the buildings in an antique mall that I am in. They held a get-together of local caterers, florists, photographers, and wineries to help promote the place and they asked me if I would like to take part and put together a table display. Now, I should say that I have done a few weddings in my day, not a ton of them because I tend to lean toward a more rustic elegant approach to the decor and not everyone goes for that style. While I love the primitive look...that's not always the big hit with a bride. Well I didn't want to do a grand floral display as the centerpiece because that is expected so I went for something else. In comes the 10.00 goose.( This must be the week for goose stories.) I was out yard saling last summer and I pulled onto this street that was having a street sale. Well I saw that goose from a mile away but the problem was I couldn't park close enough to get to the sale fast enough and there were swarms of other women with that "I am gonna get that goose look in their eyes"...SOOOOOO you know I rolled the dang window down in the middle of the street, blocking traffic and yelled out to the lady..."excuse me?????? How much is that big ole goose??????"Well she said 10 bucks so I told her to hold it for me and as soon as I could park I would get him! I was so excited and the rest is history. He sits on my dining room table usually but today he was the center of attention. He got lots of compliments and even a few ladies wanted to order one but I didn't lie when I said "he is one of a kind!" If they only knew.........................................



15 comments:

Shelley said...

Great Goose and that tablescape display looks marvelous!!

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

And the winner is.....It was the best table at the event! Just Gorgeous!!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I want that Goose, lol..he is so stately and grand, I can see why you went after him, I would have too.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I sm very envious of your goose! What a wonderful buy!

trash talk said...

If they only knew how many garage sales with exercise equipment and baby clothes you had to go to before you found him, they would really appreciate him the way we all do. Great job on the tablescape. It looks Fab U Lous! Debbie

Susan said...

You did a wonderful job decorating that table.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

*laff laff* Ye goose story is so cute! "How much is that big ole goose?" -- I can picture ye hollering out of yer car window...!!!

Those little nests are adorable!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Beth,

That's a funny yard sale story! Good for you! Your goose looks great demanding center attention on the table! I love deals like that! You have a natural knack for makeovers!

Blessings,
Tammy

Stacey said...

What a beautiful blog you have! I am so excited that I came across it tonight and had to become one of your followers. :) It is just darling and I love all of the pictures that you have. The goose is so cute and what a great job you did in decorating the table! You are a very talented lady. I would like to extend a warm welcome to you to come by and visit my new prim blog at Farm Wife Primitives. It was just created last week and am looking forward to sharing ideas, pictures and projects with other prim lovers out there in blogland. :) It would be my honor to have you as one of my followers if you so choose.

Happy crafting and many blessings,
Stacey

Back in the Day said...

I was running late and didn't get to make it back there today! The goose looks awesome and the tablescape is beautiful!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Oh I love your Blog..I have thumbed through the entrys..and I see I am going to have some fun at your place..I love all of the treasures you have found especially that apothocary one..Great job on the display..and I love the goose you grunged....have a great weekend..
Gina :)

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hey everyone!
Thanks so much for all your sweet comments and support! You always make my day!!
Beth

Something Nice and Pretty said...

You did a wonderful job on the table and great idea with the goose too! I can just see you yelling from the street.lol love the nests too!
Rondell

WhisperWood Cottage said...

I love the yard sale technique! I'm going to add that to my "arsenal" of effective sale-ing strategies!! Truly inspiring!

Chanda said...

Your tablescape is pretty and elagant looking. You are too funny with your goose story, sounds like me. You really scored well for only 10.00. I bought mine from Country Home and he cost much more. I wanted him so badly that I saved my tips for a long time to purchase him. It's a good thing I wasn't at the same garage sale or we might have ended up like those girls on Funniest Home videos fighting over the bridal bouquets, only it would be carved wooded gooses. Glad you got him.