If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Friday, February 20, 2009

If these shoes could talk!


Just wanted to share with you a pic of these adorable shoes that I just got into the shop. I was out hunting one day (not deer but antiques) and I found a big bushel basket full of old crusty,hard, worn and battered little old antique shoes. I walked away from it and they stayed on my mind so that is usually the first sign to buy it. I am so glad I did! I got some leather cleaner and started to clean them up. While I was working on them at the counter two gals fell in love with a couple of them and bought them even before I was able to clean um up....my kind of gals...buyin a dirty old shoes! They each have so much character...all the soles have been repaired by a cobbler...you can see all the little tacks, some are just patches, others are the whole sole. I put a little sprig of thyme in each one and they look just adorable sitting out on a table in a vignette! Most of them are kids shoes so they are smaller and all have a great look with how worn they are and stuff. If these shoes could only talk, I bet they would have some great stories!

9 comments:

Janene said...

I can just imagine all the places those shoes have taken people...all the roads traveled!
Those are fantastic! And I bet the sprig of thyme rids the interior of any funky smells! LOL
So not only decorative...but useful!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth~~
Love your shoes! That is soo true If those shoes could talk! WOW!!
They might even be cute with some hens and chicks in them for decorations outside!! Just a thought!! I hope that you are feeling better and stop by or call soon!!
Love talking with you.....
Lori

At Home With Amy said...

I have seen people use shoes and boots in their outside gardens with moss and hens and chickens growing in them. Very unique idea.

Blessings,
AMY

savvycityfarmer said...

my farmer Dad (who is 80) has a ca-jillion pair of rusty, dusty, crusty shoes. I plan on sneaking a pair home this summer.

Don't know what I did without your friendship~~

Lisa said...

I love old looking boots. Last year I took an old pair of boots that were about ready to fall apart and I put hens and chicks in them and put them in my flower garden. They looked great and I am hoping that the hens and chicks look just as great come summer time. I guess we will see...

Hugs,
Lisa

Lisa said...

LOVE THIS LOOK.

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

What a "sole"-ful post! LOL!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I love the black boot, it is so cute. I wouldn't have though about using them this way.

Shelley said...

The boot is my favorite! What a great idea!!