If You're in the Market for great junk...You've come to the right Place!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Don't even bother with the Banana Nut Bread Votive....

Thought you all might enjoy a little story of how I spent a small part of my Wednesday this week. Mr. OTM (Russ) was kind enough to work at the shop all day while I stayed home to finish up a bunch of projects that can be put out for sale. I had two errands to run ...take some items to put in my booth at the Curious Cat and then to the bank. So everything is running along splendidly and I leave the Curious Cat and am sitting at the light of a busy intersection when I spot the cutest long hair chihuahua dog RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD!! I am now in a panic....I see him run over to the car wash parking lot so I turn around and go back. I get out and see if he will come to me easy but of course, that wasn't gonna happen. He would get close then RUN LIKE CRAZY from me. I didn't have any food in the car BUT I did have a BANANA NUT BREAD VOTIVE CANDLE!! I was thinking that MAYBE...JUST MAYBE he would smell it and think it was food then I could catch him and help him out. SO picture this.....I am all bent over...rear end in the air with a Banana Nut Bread Votive candle in my hand going...Come on honey...come here..come on...ummm...yummmy...come on and he get's sooooo close THEN RUNS ACROSS THE STREET INTO THE GAS STATION PARKING LOT!! Unbelieveable!!! Now there are soooo many cars there and I am trying to remain calm and let people know to be careful. I called me friend Berita (who owns Curious Cat) and she comes right over with a can of dog food.....I open it up and put it on the plate and he COMES RUNNING TOWARD ME...YIPPEE ....BUT decides to stop just short of the plate. I could tell he wanted to eat pretty bad so I was VEEEEERRRRYYYY patient BUT determined! He went for the food the first time and I just let him get comfortable and about the third time I GOT HIM!!! OH LORD THANK YOU!!! I was sooo happy to be able to catch him. The owner of the gas station had been trying to catch him since Christmas with no luck! I can see why! The best part is , he (the gas station owner) said that he would be so glad to take him home! He has other chihuahuas and knew the people who had this one and didn't take care of it at all. This little dog was the poster dog of neglect...He was the stinkiest little mutt I ever saw and needed a bath, a hair trim , vet care and dinner! Looks like he is getting all that and more now. I am so glad that this story has a happy ending. Lesson learned....Dog food works way better than a Banana Nut Bread votive! All's well that ends well!

19 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

no, you're a hoot!!!!

keep those emails coming...i adore them

check in please!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

What a cute story, It is a wonder that the little thing made it since before Christmas without gettin ran over!

Susan said...

Sweet story. I can just see you trying to catch that dog with a candle. Oh, that's too funny. Glad the doggie is safe now.

Janene said...

I am so glad that this story had a happy ending!

Susan @ The Good Life! said...

I love a happy ending! My girls would have loved for me to find a dog like that! Glad the dog has a home now!

Shelley said...

I'm so glad you were able to catch him! Sorry your votive didn't work - lol! But I give you an A+ for effort!

Chanda said...

Such a funny story. I am so glad you saved his life and helped him a good life. Poor little pooch, he has no idea what he has been missing out on. Your a good woman for doing this.
No good deed goes unrewarded.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

You are such a good-hearted person. Just reading the story had me laughing, then full of fear, the laughting again and then with a big lump in my throat, you saved that poor thing's life.

Loretta said...

Bless you for taking the time and effort to help that poor little doggie!

Unknown said...

thanks for the laugh!...I am glad you caught that lil bugger!.....I just hate when people abondon animals!

A Bit of Colour said...

I think after the first time, I would have gave up.Glad that it ended well & that the doggie will get a nice home.

French Cupboard said...

You're too funny! I have a dirty little mutt you can resuce ~ lol! We have two shih tzus. One is sweet as pie.. lovey.. just a snoring dustmop. The other one is a spastic, run-off-ever-time-the-door-opens, dirty little bugger (and he's all white). But we still kinda like him so we'll give him another go :)

Loved your post.

Blessings... Polly

Mandy said...

So glad you saved the little dog! I guess dogs don't have the same taste that we do!

Mandy

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

well I am so glad you were there for that little puppy and was patient!!!. wow since december..the poor thing..glad he has found a great new home..have a wonderful weekend..nice knowing you are out there to care for these lost little souls...:)

Anonymous said...

LOL.......see what candles do to animals!! I know that I just love them!! What a cute story!! You go Girl!! Tee-Hee!!

God sent you as his Angel to catch the four legged animal and give him a wonderful home!!

Thanks for sharing with me!! What a HOOT!!!

Many Blessings....."Dog Catcher"...
Lori

savvycityfarmer said...

girl, where been?

u should see the motherload I got on Friday!!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Hi Beth! Isn't Joy a hoot and a dear? I am glad you agree; she is a source of JOY for anyone looking for a pick-me-up and a way to connect to the happier side. You have a great talent too! Keep creating something from nothing! That's the way to go!!! Anita

patricia@ReFind Home&Garden said...

If i misspell any words it's because I'm still laughing sooooo hard. I have been in the same situation trying to rescue strays.. but I never used a banana nut bread candle. Too funny. Great post. Hugs, Patricia

Simplicity Cottage said...

You are an angel...I'm so happy you had the patience and spent the time to catch that little dog. I cannot believe he had been running around since Christmas...that's sad! I'm glad this story had a happy ending...bless your heart!

Hugs~Donna